A Brush With Rusty
A Brush With Life

Sunday, September 19, 2010

My New Exhibit "Bibelot Series"

"Rock the Cradle"
Bibelot definition:
a small object of curiosity, beauty, or rarity
I began these wonderfully strange line drawings during a time when I
had trouble sleeping. To relax my mind, I would draw patterns of lines.
Then I discovered that if I would write a quote that I wanted to be inspired by the drawing began to take on the images reflecting those thoughts. How cool was that!! At the time I was also enchanted with "Steampunk"and the Edwardian period. I am very fond of the decorative elements that were added to pages of books written at that time. Jules Verne's books were especially inspirational as you will see with the drawing I call "Leagues".
Later, I created drawings to illustrate stories I wrote for the Inferno.
Most have been hiding in a box on a shelf as soon as they were deemed "finished" which is funny because I have often wondered, "What makes it finished?" I still do not have an answer.
Please join me on September 25th for their first ever exhibit.
6:30 - 8:30
Studio 14
14 E. Main Street
Tipp City Ohio
For additional information call or email.

No comments: