A Brush With Rusty
A Brush With Life

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Family Member with Alzheimer's Disease "Delicate Decay" by Rusty Harden

"Delicate Decay"
Fallen Series
Watercolor
7" x 10"
Rusty Harden

This is a painting  about my mother-in-law who has Alzheimer's Disease.
She is the lovely rhododendron blossom which has dropped from the bush.
Her fragile and subtle physical changes that she accepts with dignity and
grace.  The leaves and mulch on which she rests  represent her lost memories
in their various stages. 

I am not always sure if time is her friend or her enemy.  We do all that we can
to give her peace and happiness in the moment.  It is the only gift that matters, now.
I find myself more drawn to this painting than ever...perhaps because I finally realize how
much we want to be remembered by those we love.

I have decided to have professional art prints made of this painting.  It is a lovely tribute to those we lose
before they are gone.

If you would like to order one contact me.  They are $45.00 (profressional mat included).



No comments: