A Brush With Rusty
A Brush With Life

Monday, August 30, 2010

Darcy Morbid's Heart Pendent by Rusty Harden


“Darcy Morbid's Heart" Original Art Pendant with Matching Art Card
$22 (including S&H)
1 ½“”x 1” Hand Painted Pendant & 16″ black satin cord

“It’s getting colder now and the darkness consumes me.”

I knew I was going to submit this piece into The Artist Challenge( http://www.blogger.com/www.theartistchallenge )
where the theme was, "Belief That Possesses the Mind". I based my submission on the quotation above. As beautiful as the pendent is, the darkness creeping insidiously across the heart felt a little macabre.

Talking with friends, while the television was playing in the background, I heard a character say, "I'm not really Darcy Morbid."
Having caught my attention that that would be a perfect name for the owner of my newly created heart pendent, I tell everyone of my decision. My friend corrects me by saying, "She said that she is not really dark and morbid." Too late, I already love the name even if I am a bit deaf.

I think Darcy is going to have her own line.













No comments: